10 Useful Steps to Getting Your Marketing Budget Approved
Posted by on / 0 Comments
http:www.fanaticsmedia.com Daily Advice Day 13
This is a common problem that I’ve had in my career and I know from the tweets and comments that you’ve had in yours. I am constantly debating new clients about trying new tactics or marketing ideas – I’m not always right, but most of the time our recommendation is based on experience and ends up working
So here are the ____ things we do to convince decision makers to approve the budget and project
1. Align the marketing campaign to the decision maker’s goals. Critical to understand them and align to it
2. Research and understand your target customers. Learn everything about them to target.
3. Find successful case studies or examples from inside and outside your market
4. Get internal buy-in and give them a voice in creating the campaign – DON’T SKIP THIS STEP
5. Create an internal SOW – really detail how it will be done. Not only good for them (even if they don’t read it) but good for them
6. Outline for your boss the benefits and set expectations – usually a range
7. Create a detailed budget and resources checklist
8. Ask for the budget and resources – do it live with decision makers and your team in the room – there’s a lot of psychology around this.
9. If they say Yes fantastic – If they say no, find out exactly what you missed and ask if you can revisit the idea in 30 days with an improved plan.
That’s it. You won’t bat 1000 but I just improved your average to All-Star caliber. This works, take it from someone that has failed here several hundred times.
Find us on Social Media
Websites http://www.fanaticsmedia.com (digital marketing and ecommerce http://www.evolvesinc.com for influencer marketing
Community Link http://www.fanaticsmedia.com/fandamonium or http://fanatics.influitive.com/users/sign_up
Guerilla Marketing, guerilla marketing, guerilla marketing tactics, guerilla marketing examples, guerilla marketing definition, guerilla marketing strategies, guerilla marketing companies, guerilla marketing agency, Word Of Mouth, word of mouth advertising, word of mouth, word of mouth promotion, by word of mouth, word of mouth campaign, word of mouth communication, word of mouth agency, digital word of mouth, word of mouth advertising statistics, word of mouth technology, word of mouth companies, online word of mouth, word of mouth blog, word of mouth publicity, word of mouth company, through word of mouth, word of mouth sales, wom word of mouth, word of mouth strategy, word of mouth buzz, Experiential, experiential marketing, experiential marketing companies, experiential marketing campaigns, experiential campaigns, experiential branding, Viral Marketing
viral marketing, viral marketing examples, viral marketing software, viral marketing techniques, viral marketing ideas, viral marketing strategies, online viral marketing, viral marketing tools, viral marketing definition, best viral marketing, viral marketing firm, viral marketing tips, viral marketing ads, viral marketing tactics
Event Marketing, event marketing, event marketing strategies, event marketing plan, experiential event marketing, event marketing firms, event marketing campaign, mobile event marketing, promotional event marketing, event marketing promotion
Don’t miss this one! “Ep 7: How to Get 70 Million Views on Facebook”