Independent Artists: How To Promote Your Music
Posted by on / 0 Comments
*** Expanded version of this talk here: http://youtu.be/OcIAJjFZgW8 *** Posting comments asking us to “check you out” will not promote your music but the video has free advice on ways that WILL work.
This talk is from a DIY Masterclass on 3 Dec 2012 hosted by Generator, the UK’s leading music development agency as part of Roundhouse 3030 in London.
This is an audio recording of the opening session on “Attracting press, radio and online coverage” presented by Tom Robinson, covering the following topics:
• How do you get your music to press, radio and blogs?
• What goes in a press pack and what are people looking for?
• Physical vs. digital press pack
• Is your track right for the radio?
• Setting realistic expectations
• Release formats — tracks vs. singles vs. EPs & the pros and cons of physical
• The pros and cons of hiring PR & Plugging specialists
• Developing an online presence — websites, social networking, SEO & blogs
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS TALK:
Sending CDs to radio: http://freshonthenet.co.uk/cds
Cheap .com domains: http://hover.com
Cheap .co.uk domains: http://123-reg.co.uk
Contact Tom Robinson: http://freshonthenet.co.uk/contact