Digital Marketing Tips: How To Set Digital Marketing Goals – Haroon’s Hangout, Ep 56
Posted by on / 0 Comments
Welcome to Haroon’s Hangout! The internationally featured show on marketing innovation. Where we make digital marketing simple, straightforward and fun!
In today’s episode +Haroon Rashid (Head of Digital Marketing, Khemeia Consulting) is joined by +Ian Sharp (Khemeia Consulting, Director) to talk about how to set digital marketing goals.
In this episode you will discover:
– Where to start
– What you should be measuring
– Examples of digital marketing goals
1. Where Do I Start?
When we work with clients the first thing we do is ask them, “What are you trying to do?”
Here are some of the most common goals that business have when they want to start digital marketing:
– raise brand name awareness
– launch a new product/service
– special campaign
– generate more leads/sales
– increase conversion rates
2. What Should I Be Measuring?
There are some many marketing metrics out there and it can get a bit overwhelming. The first thing to do is to set key performance indictors (KPIs). It is impossible to predicte when you will reach your goal(s). The inline world is like the stock market- very unpredictable.
The KPIs you set should all be showing a positive tread- all the numbers should track in all the right directions (upwards). Here are some common digital marketing KPIs that we set with our clients:
– number of website enquiries
– number of social media followers/subscribers
– social media engagement levels
– number of clicks on content
3. Examples of digital marketing goals
Haroon recommends, ‘Goals!’ by Brian Tracy which goes into the science and psychology of goal setting and achievement. The key to achieving goals is specificity. The clearer you are the more likely it is that you will achieve your goals. A lack of clarity makes it less likely that you will achieve your goals. Clarity is the key. Below are some examples of digital marketing goals with specific outcomes and deadlines:
– We will increase our website visitors to 500 per month by 1st February, 2015
– We will get 1,000 Twitter followers by 31st April, 2015
– We will convert 4 out of every 10 leads by 1st May, 2015
4. Goal Template
Here is our goal template. Remember the clearer you are the more likely it is that you will achieve your goals. Be specific
I/we will [SPECIFIC GOAL] by [DATE]
Haroon’s Hangout presented by the Khemeia Network and Khemeia Consulting – where we believe innovation is the key to business growth.